We are pleased to offer our images for resale as well as for reproduction. Retailers can order online once they have an account set up with us; please contact us directly if you are interested in reselling our images.
Entities that wish to reproduce our images for use in films, books, brochures, etc. should complete the application for reproduction once they have reviewed the general terms and conditions listed below. It is important to note all of our images are protected by International copyright laws and require permission for use; fees will apply.
CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH REPRODUCTION RIGHTS ARE GRANTED FOR IMAGES FROM THE COLLECTION OF KNICKLE’S STUDIO & GALLERY
Permission to reproduce is contingent upon acceptance of the following conditions and is automatically abrogated if any part is infringed.
- Reproduction is permitted only from materials originally supplied by Knickle’s Studio & Gallery photographic materials and permission to reproduce may not be reused, transferred, assigned or sold without the permission of Knickle’s Studio & Gallery.
- The purchase of a photograph, or scan of a photographic image or the transmission of electronic image or the rental of a color transparency does not itself carry with it the right to publish, nor make a reproduction, scan, transcript, broadcast, digitize or otherwise make available in any form. Copyright of all images remains the property of Knickle’s Studio & Gallery.
- All colour transparencies conveyed under this agreement remain the property of Knickle’s Studio & Gallery and must be returned promptly after use. Failure to return colour transparency film within 30 (thirty) days of rental period subject to a penalty charge of $1500.00 (fifteen hundred dollars) per image.
- All requests for permission to reproduce and image in any form must be made in writing and include the intended use(s), publisher/producer and date of publication, release or posting.
- Knickle’s Studio & Gallery assesses fees for the right to reproduce images from the collection in publications, productions, products and/or websites.
- Rights to reproduce are non-exclusive and granted for one time use only. Use of images in the promotion or advertising of the publication/production/website is permitted. Any further revisions, editions and reprints require a new application to be submitted. Reproduction rights are not granted in perpetuity. Web sites rights are granted for a period of twelve (12) months at a time only.
- Each image must be reproduced in it’s entirety and without any alteration, including cropping, bleeding, overlapping, overprinting or changes in color density unless otherwise approved in advance by Knickle’s Studio & Gallery. Any such altered image must be labeled as a “detail” and a complete and unaltered second image must also appear within the publication. Reproduction of two-dimensional works of art must be smaller than the original.
- Web site reproductions must have a resolution no higher than the equivalent of 72 dots per inch (DPI) for a 4˝ by 5˝image.
- The complete credit line for all images as supplied by Knickle’s Studio & Gallery must appear in the caption or list of credits for each reproduction. Where possible the negative or catalog number should be included in the caption or photo credit as a courtesy for future researchers.
- Knickle’s Studio & Gallery assume no responsibility for any royalties for fees claimed by the artist or on the artist’s behalf.
- All matters of publication/production copyright rests entirely with the published/producer.
- If so requested, proofs must be presented to Knickle’s Studio & Gallery for approval prior to publication, and Knickle’s Studio & Gallery reserves the right to deny any and all reproduction if after correction proofs are judged to be unsatisfactory.
- Knickle’s Studio & Gallery may additionally require a minimum of one complementary copy of the publication in which the image is reproduced.
- Conditions are subject to change until a License is issued and duly executed.